Supernatural is that every season feels completely different from the last. Call it tweaking the formula in order to up the show's game or a natural evolution into something bigger and better, I have no idea. It's enjoyable and refreshing and I can't get enough of this show.
'' What I like about
- No classic rock song during the recap that showcased the Colt, Sam not coming back a hundred percent and Ruby. But when Sam and Dean went to that rowdy bar, did you catch the CCR song? Loved hearing "Run through the Jungle."
- We met Richie, someone Dean met while Sam was in school. He didn't seem like the typical hunter type, which was probably why I wasn't shocked when Casey snapped his neck. Gross, by the way.
- Even when Dean is hitting on girls or ogling them, he never really lets it interfere with his job. He was on to that demon chick but good.
- Dean couldn't remember his Latin for the exorcism ritual — the guy needs to study up. Love how he always sneaks in a Devil's Trap, however.
- My heart kind of broke when Dean said he wasn't scared of dying. He's so scared, I don't care what he says. He about broke my heart again later when he asked Bobby if something's wrong with his brother. I'm so ready for a big talk between Sam and Dean. I know the chick-flick moments can't happen all that often, but we haven't had one yet this season. Dean keeps opening up a little bit here or a little bit there, but it's usually to someone other than his brother.
- I really like how the show uses Ruby a little bit here, a little bit there. There's no taking over the show by new characters. Things are still Sam-and-Dean-centric.
- These demons are getting more and more powerful. They're able to destroy devil's traps as well as use their powers within those little suckers.
- Did Dean find a motel room that came complete with magic fingers again? Awesome.
"Bringing satin back."
"You drink Hurricanes?"
"I do now."
"Have a nice day?"
"What are you laughing at, bitch, you're still trapped."
"So are you, bitch."
"Like it or not, you go where your flock is."
"Nice try, but I think you just ordered a pizza."
I'm curious to find out what you guys thought of this episode. What did you think of Sam offing the "humans?" How about Dean's conversation with Casey while trapped with her in the cave-in? How about Ruby and Bobby rebuilding the Colt? Love Bobby being there for the boys.