sexta-feira, 2 de novembro de 2007

Lauren e Katie em entrevista


Lauren Cohan e Katie Cassidy deram uma entrevista ao site MediaBlvd Magazine. Aqui fica ela:


MediaBlvd Magazine> How did you each come to this show?


Katie Cassidy> We actually auditioned for each other’s characters. After my first audition, they called me and said, “Can we see you in an hour for Ruby?” Normally, I work on something for at least a day or two, so I was a little bit scattered, but I just went for it. I went in and did my thing, and it was great. It was cool, and fun.



Lauren Cohan> I was up for Ruby, and then I went in for Bella. It’s funny because I went in to read for the American Ruby, and then I went back and read for Bella with my own accent, and they said, “Wait a minute, you’re English? Read it with your own accent.” So, we ended up going British with it, which I’m really excited about. I get to keep my accent. I’m really happy that I don’t have to change it for the role.



MediaBlvd> Is that something that they changed about the character for you?


Lauren> Yes. It’s going to go into developing the character. Eric Kripke (show creator/executive producer/writer) is really excited about me being British. I knew I had the part, but I was still unsure about whether or not Bella was going to be British. I see her as a Brit. I definitely think she has a cool, scathing sneakiness, which fits the British accent.



MediaBlvd> These characters are not meant to be love interests for the boys, are they?


Lauren> These characters are ass-kickers. My character, Bella, was brought on to compete with the boys. She’s a mercenary, so she’s out as a solo artist. She has her own agenda. She’s very centered and focused on what she’s doing. She has commands from people who need a lot of the same stuff the boys need, but she sells it, and she’s very much about negotiating. Sparks may fly between Bella and the boys. Sparks may fly between Ruby and the boys. You’ll just have to wait to find out. But, I think there’s going to be some fighting, before there’s ever any romance.



MediaBlvd> Do you sense any romance happening with either of your characters, and the boys?


Katie> Maybe.



Lauren> Possibly. We’ll see.


MediaBlvd> Is Bella a supernatural thief?


Lauren> Yeah, she steals when she absolutely has to. If she doesn’t get her way with bargaining, she might break some necks.



MediaBlvd> What is Ruby’s agenda?



Katie> Ruby is a demon hunter. She’s a kick-ass, bad-ass girl, who is a little bit mysterious, definitely manipulative and loves being in control of the situation. She’s always a couple steps ahead of everybody else. She’s got everything together. She’s on top of it. She knows what she wants and she’s out to get it.



MediaBlvd> Did you both know each other, prior to being cast?



Katie> We didn’t know each other before, but we hang out. We’re going to take kick-boxing together in Vancouver, just to stay on top of everything.



Lauren> We’re going to get nimble on our feet. We need to be a united force. We’ve got some tough boys to fight.



Katie> Girl power!



MediaBlvd> You’ll both be recurring throughout the season?


Katie> Yes.



Lauren> Yes.


MediaBlvd> Are your characters part of the mythology of the show?



Katie> Yeah.



Lauren> They have histories, which will be revealed.



Katie> We don’t want to give anything away, but stay tuned!



MediaBlvd> Is the show popular in England?



Lauren> My friend’s mother has seen it, and she was really excited that I was cast on it. It’s on digital there. It’s not on mainstream TV. But, it’s in its early days, so we’ll see.


MediaBlvd> Was there any intimidation about going into a show that is already established?


Lauren> I found it exciting. The show has already got its stuff together. It’s very popular and there are dedicated fans out there. It’s exciting that it’s already established and you get to enter into such a rich story.



Katie> There’s a little bit of intimidation because they’ve been working together for two years, and they’re a family. We’re shooting in Vancouver, so it’s a new city, which is a little intimidating. But, everyone was completely warm and welcoming, which made it really easy for me to feel a part of it already. They were so sweet and so nice. I felt really comfortable, right away. They’re all great.



Lauren> Sets are always such families, anyway. No matter what stage you’re at, when you go in, you’re thrown together and you’re not with people you know, like your own friends and family, and you get really close. That’s natural, and it’s nice.



MediaBlvd> Did either of you get to speak with, or meet, Jensen Ackles and/or Jared Padalecki, prior to starting on the show?


Katie> I didn’t.



Lauren> I read with Jensen at the audition.


MediaBlvd> Are you playing bad girls or good girls? Whose side are you on?



Katie> As far as Ruby goes, she’s a demon hunter on the boys’ side, but she also likes to cause, and stir up, a little bit of trouble.



Lauren> Bella is on her own side. At least, in the beginning, she definitely has her own agenda. She is a mercenary and a liar. We’ll see if she’s brought around to another way of thinking. But, right now, she has a lot of people to keep happy, and she has deals she has to negotiate.



MediaBlvd> Have you worked with stunts and/or special effects before, and is that something you enjoy?


Lauren> Very much.



Katie> I used to be a gymnast, so that helps. I had sword training and, at first, I was really uncoordinated with it. I was like, “Oh, my gosh, how am I ever going to do this?” But, now it’s awesome. It’s really fun. It’s great. And, I think that helps a lot, since I grew up doing it. I think it will be good. It’s all a learning process, and I’m ready for whatever they throw at me. It will be fun.



MediaBlvd> Had either of you watched the show before you were cast, or did you have to catch up before you started filming?



Katie> Before I auditioned for it, I had seen a few episodes.



Lauren> We had a Parmesan cheese and popcorn night, watching Supernatural and getting up to speed on what we were getting into. I have to be honest, I was petrified. I have a very weak stomach for horror. I need curtains on the front windows of my house because that heightens the whole fear factor. It’s great, but it’s something that you want to watch with a girlfriend or a friend because you can scream with somebody else.



MediaBlvd> Are you looking forward to working in Vancouver?



Katie> Yes. I worked there last year, for about three months, for Black Christmas, and it was wonderful. I’ve relocated there.



Lauren> I’m finally settled in L.A. I feel very new there, and I really like the sunshine, but I’m sure I’m going to like Vancouver. I shoot an episode, and then I don’t go up again for three or four episodes, so I have some time before I have to make a decision about relocating.


MediaBlvd> Where are you from, originally?



Lauren> I was born in Philadelphia, I lived in New Jersey for a short time, and then I moved to England, when I was a kid. And then, I recently moved to L.A. I’m American by birth, and English by accent. I grew up just outside London, in Surrey.


Créditos: MediaBlvd Magazine